We never sleep, so you can. All operations are managed locally and we are always here when you or your child need.
Always prepared, the Antips way
Our operations team is the best in the industry, with decades of experience in managing groups of young people in developing countries.
Being independently owned and locally operated means all planning, operations and emergency procedures are overseen by our Australian and New Zealand offices. This means teachers and parents will know their operations manager personally. Should an issue arise, you’ll not only get a hold of someone, you’ll get to speak to someone you know.
We never sleep
Safety is, and always has been, our first priority. Antips risk management procedures are the best of the best—here are a few ways we ensure they remain industry leading.
- Dedicated, fully staffed 24-hour Support and Communication Centre based in Australia while teams are away.
- 24-hour in-country group management, coordination and support.
- Comprehensive travel insurance that is linked to DFAT—this is considered the ‘best of the best’ travel insurance.
- Stringent leader selection process.
- Comprehensive medical kit and supplies carried by a leader and staff at all times.
- Live tracking of team location via GPS, with signal every 5 minutes.
“Our daughter became ill and we were contacted immediately. Antipodeans provided us with up-to-date info and we were able to call her, after which the touring staff took her to the local hospital. When you have a loved one overseas you want to rely on professional and competent staff – we’re grateful for that. When Antips take the next school group abroad my other child will definitely be attending.”
Phil Castle, Parent at St Luke’s Grammar Expedition (Tanzania-Uganda Expedition)
We’ve always got your back
Included in every Antipodeans program is our comprehensive travel and medical insurance*, an important yet often overlooked part of your trip
The policy covers a long list of things, but here are the important bits:
Injury or illness prior to departure
If you have to cancel your trip because of injury or medical reasons, rest up. You’re covered.
Injury or illness while overseas
Our insurance gives travellers access to a global network of medical facilities, as well as 24-hour contact with Australian doctors. In the unlikely event of an injury or major illness – even in remote locations – our travellers are covered by the best emergency evacuation procedures, no matter where they are.
Should our teams need emergency assistance due to unlikely security risks or natural disasters, we’ll arrange for prompt evacuation at no cost to the traveller.
Diverting to a new destination or delaying trip
If there is a situation overseas that affects a team’s ability to travel to their designated country, Antipodeans can divert to another destination or delay the trip to an alternative time.
Lost items or baggage
Antipodeans travellers are covered up to $1,000 should any bags or personal items be lost while travelling on an Antipodeans trip.
We regularly communicate with Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and New Zealand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade to ensure compliance with all domestic travel advice. Our travellers are also logged with DFAT or MFAT prior to departure.
* University placement participants are usually covered by their home institution’s travel insurance policy, as requested by Australian and New Zealand universities. Please read the full Insurance Policy Product Disclosure Statement prior to departure for specific insurance details, inclusions and exclusions.
“I could tell Michelle and staff were well organised. Antips had a 24/7 plan in place for every possible scenario whilst students were overseas. It was comforting as a travelling supervisor to know I had such good support in place.”
Nathan Renwick, Lecturer at University of Technology Sydney